Extra info about tea that may assist:
How many grams is a serving of tea?
A proper cup of tea should have about 3-5 grams, but in general (as the name of the spoon implies), 1 teaspoon is the perfect amount per serve.
For more on tea sizes and serving sizes, check out our tea sizing chart.
What is 1 teaspoon (tsp) in grams?
1 teaspoon (tsp) = 4.2g
Is tea Keto?
Our core range of teas are keto, except our Vegan Sticky Chai.
Tea is often a recommended beverage in keto diets and a great way to take in daily fluids. You definitely can drink tea during the Keto Diet.
Please note that our Vegan Sticky Chai and other chai blends may affect ketosis levels so chai is not recommended.
Pregnancy safe tea products
For all tea, consult your doctor if in doubt of whether TEA MATE is right for you.
Some products likely more suitable for pregnancy:
- Rooibos and Chamomile (caffeine-free)
- Earl Grey (in moderation)
- English Breakfast (in moderation)
- Green Tea (in moderation)
- Some teas contain caffeine, which may need to be kept under 200mg a day during pregnancy. As a guide, expect a cup of white tea to contain around 15mg per cup, Green Tea, 20mg per cup; and Black Tea, 45mg per cup.